Well-chosen curtains for the living room in a modern style will provide a feeling of comfort and homeliness. The living room is the place in the house where everyone spends all their free time - receiving guests or relaxing after a hard day at work.
In order to see the photo novelties of 2022, you can look through modern catalogs, which show the design of curtains for the living room (they are offered by specialized salons-stores).
Well-chosen curtains for the living room in a modern style will provide a feeling of comfort and homeliness
How to choose the right curtains for the hall basic tips and tricks
In the interior of the living room, curtains are one of the important decorative elements. They not only protect from annoying sunlight or strong drafts, but also complement the overall style of the room, making it truly beautiful, cozy and comfortable.
In the interior of the living room, curtains are one of the important decorative elements
The main recommendations for buying new curtains are based on the following points:
- Carefully study new items and fashion trends, a variety of patterns and textures.
- You can opt for one of the unique options.
When choosing curtains for the living room, one should take into account the general interior of the room, its size and color scheme
- When choosing curtains for the living room, one should take into account the general interior of the room, its size and color scheme. You can also complement the curtains with tulle and lambrequin.
- As an additional decor, you can use a variety of elements: ribbons or garters.
Curtains should be practical and easy to clean
- The selected canvas should not become a accumulator of dust and dirt, various odors.
- Curtains should be practical and easy to clean. It is necessary to pay attention to the material from which the product is made - it should not shrink during washing, wrinkle or crumple strongly.
Curtains with prints visually increase the free space, so they become a good option for small rooms
- Curtains with prints visually increase the free space, so they become a good option for small rooms.
Depending on the area of the room, you should choose:
- For small living rooms, laconic curtains made in the Roman style or roller blinds are perfect. They will not steal an already small free space, but will add expressiveness to the room. As for the color scheme, you can use warm pastel colors that will add more light and free space.
- In large living rooms, you can safely experiment. It all depends on the general style of the living room. The most varied color scheme is also welcome: from light to rich dark shades.
Depending on the size of the window opening, the following curtains can be selected:
- In order to visually increase the height of the window, you should opt for floor-length curtains. The ideal option would be a ceiling cornice, which visually lengthens the height. Light cold tones - blue or blue, sea or turquoise will go well.
- For narrow window openings, wide curtains attached to a long cornice are well suited. The protrusion beyond the contours of the window should not be small - about 20-30 centimeters.
Lambrequins can be used as an additional decor.
Pattern for sewing classic curtains
Classic curtains and their variety
The classic style is the basis and the beginning of all other hiking. Themselves classic curtains in the living room can be presented in a variety of options. Their simplest form is a piece of dense fabric of the required size with straight and even folds-waves.
The classic style is the basis and the beginning of all other hiking
The design of classic curtains for the living room can be presented in the following variations, depending on the way they are attached:
- Curtains that are attached with special loops. The latter, in turn, are simply strung on the cornice.
- Attachment to the cornice is due to fabric laces;
Lurex curtains are popular and comfortable today
- Drawstring mounting option. Its essence lies in the fact that the upper edge of the curtain has a hemmed section into which the edge of the cornice baguette passes. The advantage of this method is that the cornice is completely closed from prying eyes. In addition, thanks to the drawstring method, you can visually increase the height of a low ceiling.
- Curtains with a lambrequin in the living room will allow you to hide and disguise all the loops, laces and other elements.
Curtains with a lambrequin in the living room will allow you to hide and disguise all the loops, laces and other elements
- Lurex curtains are popular and comfortable today. In the upper part of the product there are larger round holes through which the cornice passes.
Many consumers are also interested in photos that show curtains for a bay window in the living room.
Individual elements of the lambrequin
What types of curtains exist today?
A wide variety of different curtains are presented in the modern consumer market. Sometimes it is difficult to make a choice and purchase really beautiful curtains for the living room, which will ideally match the overall style of the apartment.
A wide variety of different curtains are presented in the modern consumer market
In addition to the main classic look, the following types of curtains are also popular:
- Roll type, which is a fabric of a certain size with a shaft and a small weight at the end. Such curtains are one of the convenient and practical options, since it is possible to adjust their height and the degree of closure of the window opening. Roller curtains are suitable for small spaces, as they do not take up much space. Plus, they're compact and modern.
- Blinds are presented on the market with a huge selection of various shapes and color schemes. They can be made of wood or metal, have horizontal and vertical connectors. The color scheme is selected for every taste of the consumer, it can be monochromatic or decorated with a pattern.
Roll-type curtains are one of the most convenient and practical options, since it is possible to adjust their height and the degree of closing of the window opening
- Roman-style curtains are fabrics with special fasteners and auxiliary rods involved in the opening and closing process.
- Japanese curtains are a great option for minimalist rooms. They do not clutter up the space, they look stylish and cozy. They are long and narrow fabric canvases that have a guiding fixation at the top, and are weighted down with a small load at the bottom.
French modern curtains for the living room look spectacular and sophisticated
- French modern curtains for the living room look spectacular and sophisticated. Such curtains are fabric canvases collected in numerous horizontal folds. Sometimes vertical bends are used to lift and hold the fabric. Despite their luxury and splendor, French-type curtains are not suitable for small rooms, as they will take up a lot of free space.
- Austrian curtains are a combined option with French and Roman canvases.
Filament curtains are becoming more and more popular (as evidenced by various photos), which are often used in the interior of the living room.
Austrian curtains are a combined option with French and Roman canvases
Which fabric is best for curtains?
Each material in its own way looks beautiful and harmonious on the windows. Depending on the texture, pattern or type of fabric, you can choose exactly the option that fits perfectly into the overall interior of the living room.
On a note! When choosing a fabric, it is not at all necessary to consider more expensive options, since the curtains should really be liked and be practical.
It should be noted that an important criterion for choosing the material from which the curtains are sewn is ease of care and practicality.
When choosing a fabric, it is not at all necessary to consider more expensive options, since the curtains should really be liked and be practical
Curtains in the living room interior should also look sophisticated and luxurious. After all, it is here that every man in the street meets his guests. The most popular fabric options from which the curtains are sewn into the living room are satin and jacquard. Such fabrics, although quite dense, are soft to the touch. They bring a sense of solemnity and luxury. With a sufficient level of density, they are an excellent obstacle to the penetration of bright sunlight, so they will not interfere with spending time in a calm atmosphere watching TV or meeting friends.
Curtains in the living room interior should also look sophisticated and luxurious
In addition, brocade and muslin are well suited for the living room, according to the designers. With all its luxurious aesthetic appearance, such fabrics are quite practical, do not fade in the sun and do not wrinkle.
Cotton and silk are not particularly applicable in rooms with strong sunlight, as they fade very quickly and lose their original appearance.
Cotton and silk are not particularly applicable in rooms with strong sunlight, as they fade very quickly and lose their original appearance
On a note! Curtains that are sewn of velvet, look or plush look beautiful and luxurious.
Unfortunately, the practical side of their operation is at a rather low level. Such fabrics shrink after washing and lose their aesthetic appearance.
Choosing a color scheme for curtains
You can choose the right color for curtains in the living room based on wall decor or upholstered furniture. The integrity of the design is one of the basic principles of the overall style of the room.
You can choose the right color for curtains in the living room based on wall decor or upholstered furniture
The walls of the room can be used as a comparative element, under which the choice of the color of curtains will go. Thus, the color scheme is selected:
- Choose an identical color for the curtains. A single color scheme with different shades is used for light contrast. For example, light blue walls will go well with rich blue curtains, or vice versa - the choice of fabric stops on lighter shades if the walls are decorated in darker colors. Such a calm contrast will look great in rooms with any stylistic directions: from classic to minimalism.
- Neutral color schemes - calm light shades are matched to brighter tones. A good option would be curtains of beige, pale gray, yellow colors. Typically suitable for distinctive neo-classic, modern or Victorian interiors.
- You can make a sharp contrast: choose a bright color for the curtains to the neutral shades of the walls. As a result, it will turn out to revive the general interior in the apartment and make it more interesting and attractive.
If the walls are of the same color and are not equipped with any patterns, you can use curtains with a variety of decor - this can be a floral or geometric ornament.
In addition, when choosing the main color of the curtains, one should take into account the influence of different shades on the overall perception of the living room. For more comfort, you can opt for warm and calm colors. For the consciousness of a calm and comfortable environment, brown and cream colors are well suited.
Yellow, by right, is considered an optimistic color, so it will be a good option for rooms where young and energetic people live
The main colors that are used in the interior can be characterized as follows:
- Yellow. Curtains of this shade are perfect for small living rooms and will give a feeling of lightness. Yellow, by right, is considered an optimistic color, so it will be a good option for rooms where young and energetic people live.
- Shades of red are best used in conjunction with decorators and interior designers, as a rich, bright color in a small room will create a sense of unnecessary anxiety and anxiety. Nevertheless, red shades look advantageous on Roman or Austrian curtains. But all shades of pink will look less aggressive - gentle and romantic.
- Blue can be classified as calm or even cold shades. An interesting combination is obtained with orange or brown.
Light blue curtains bring lightness and harmony, making the living room brighter and more spacious.
Blue can be classified as calm or even cold shades
Selection of curtains depending on the general style of the room
The choice of color shade and general sewing of curtains can be carried out based on the palette that is most often used in modern styles:
- Classic style involves the use of white or other soft bedding shades. These include beige, light and soft yellow, blue, light and calm tones of green or blue. If the interior of the room is carried out in a classic style, then you should not play on the contrast of colors. It is better to choose curtains in the color of the walls. In this case, the fabric should be moderately dense and made of natural materials - brocade, velvet or silk. You can complement the overall combination with curtains with interesting patterns, lambrequins or fringes. For the classic style in which the room is decorated, you can opt for curtains of the French, Austrian or Roman types.
- The Empire style has a brighter and more pronounced palette of colors. Under light, beige shades of walls, curtains of darker tones - burgundy or dark blue are perfect.
The Empire style has a brighter and more pronounced palette of colors
- White-gray color scheme is used in high-tech style. For light and calm shades of the walls, you can choose curtains in a bright and rich graphite color. As for the drawings and additional ornaments, it is better to refuse them. Monochromatic metallic shades should be preferred. Panel curtains, which have a sliding mechanism, may be a good option. In addition, you can opt for light fabrics, such as organza, which will be attached with rings to the cornice.
- You can play on a contrasting combination of shades if the room is made in fusion style. Light soothing shades of the walls can be made brighter thanks to the rich shades of the curtains. Solid but bright curtains will look perfect. The color range can be from bright orange, red to blue or turquoise hues.
Light shades will complement well the overall rustic style
- As for the style of minimalism, then the maximum simplicity and conciseness will be appropriate here. The best choice for this style is strict curtains without any decorative elements or complex designs and patterns. The color scheme is performed in soothing colors, without bright and flashy shades. Alternatively, you can choose ash or milky colors, black and white shades. Perfect for a minimalist style, Japanese-style curtains, as well as roller blinds or blinds.
- If the living room is made in country style, then it is better to select the curtains according to the general setting. An excellent solution would be curtains made of light and natural fabrics. It can be linen, cotton or chintz. Light shades will complement well the overall rustic style.
Important! The following colors go well with each other: white, beige, pale pink or light blue.
Light and unobtrusive drawing is also encouraged.