Finding quality kitchen curtains – not an easy task, because they should be not only beautiful, but also practical. Roman blinds for the kitchen, the photos of which are shown below, are ideal for use in specific kitchen conditions.
They combine the convenience of blinds with the aesthetics of traditional curtains.
In addition, a huge number of all kinds of colors, textures and materials will allow you to find a suitable product for any interior.
First you need to figure out what Roman blinds are. The structure consists of a canvas, in which there are special inserts and rings, a lifting mechanism with a chain, a weighting agent and fastening elements.
To open the window, you just need to pull on the chain so that the fabric begins to rise smoothly, forming even folds. As you can see, it is very easy to adjust such curtains.
This is far from the only advantage, so we present to your attention a complete list of the advantages of this type of curtain:
- Excellent appearance. As we already noted, they will look great in any interior. The main thing – choose the right material. Soft folds will make the room more comfortable, and an unusual pattern or pattern on the canvas will complement the overall style of the room. These curtains can transform the kitchen and freshen up old renovations.
- Practicality. Unlike traditional curtains, they do not take up much space, being compactly located in the window opening. In addition, they do not fly apart, thanks to the presence of a special weighting agent, which minimizes the risk of tissue ignition from one of the burners.
- The illumination of the room is easy to adjust by setting the desired length of the canvas. The design combines the functionality of blinds and the sophistication of curtains. You can control the intensity of the light coming from the window using a special chain. If the window in the kitchen is quite large, we recommend installing several canvases on it at once on separate eaves. Thus, it will be much easier to achieve the desired degree of lighting in the room.
- Roman blinds for the kitchen look great when paired with blackout curtains — look at the photo of the options and see for yourself. This is an excellent solution for those who are not ready to give up the look of the usual curtains, but want to add something new to the interior. In addition, this combination looks great in studio apartments and is often used for space zoning. Roman curtains are installed in the kitchen, and in the living room the same curtains are combined with luxurious curtains and lambrequins.
- Suitable for small window openings and small kitchens. The compact design looks neat and laconic, so it won't overload the kitchen interior. Moreover, lush decorative elements and drapery in a room with such a specific microclimate will cause a lot of trouble.
- Versatility. As we have already noted, Roman shades will harmoniously complement any style. The main thing – to choose the design and texture of the material corresponding to the design idea. In addition, the specifics of the design allows you to install such curtains even on non-standard window openings.
- Ease of operation and maintenance. The curtains will not cause much trouble: it is enough to wipe them with a damp cloth or vacuum from time to time. If serious contamination occurs, the canvas can be removed and washed by hand.
- You have the opportunity to sew them yourself. You only need fasteners, a piece of beautiful fabric, a weighting agent and a few hours of free time. The work is simple, so everyone can do it. All necessary parts are sold in specialized stores.
Agree, there are more than enough merits.
On a note! Rest assured, fit modern roman shades in your kitchen and enjoy the benefits — for clarity, we present to your attention photos of new products that are relevant in 2023.
We take into account the nuances
Of course, when choosing such an important element of the interior as curtains, a great many factors should be taken into account.
We will try to consider each of them in more detail.
- The size. Before you go to the store for a finished product or for fabric for self-sewing curtains, be sure to take measurements of the window opening. This will help determine the dimensions of the desired canvas or finished product. Note that the dimensions largely depend on the mounting method you choose. If you decide to install curtains directly in the window opening, then the length of the fabric should be 2-4 centimeters less than the distance from the top edge of the window to the window sill. In this case, the width of the window opening should be more than the width of the curtains and cornice by a couple of centimeters.
Second option – installation in front of a window. In this case, the cornice is placed on the wall or ceiling, so the width should be selected in such a way that it extends 10-20 centimeters beyond the width of the window.
Naturally, the size of the canvas can be larger. You must take into account all the features of the room. For example, many people use curtains to close unsightly pipes. As for the length, it is better to give preference to products that cover the windowsill by no more than 5-10 centimeters.
- Selection of material. It all depends on your imagination and personal preferences, because there are a great many variations. Fabrics made of synthetic fibers are considered the most practical, but it is not always possible to find beautiful colors. Products made from natural fibers do not contain toxic substances and look stylish, but it is rather difficult to care for them, as they shrink and get dirty quickly. What to do? Give preference to blended materials that contain both synthetic and natural fibers. Such products combine practicality and excellent appearance. As a rule, they are additionally treated with special solutions, which give the curtains dirt-repellent properties, provide resistance to moisture and prevent their ignition.
Important! Remember that a Roman blind in the kitchen should be practical first and foremost.
If you use exclusively natural materials for decoration, give your preference to wicker bamboo models.
They are characterized by reliability, ease of use and maintenance. In addition, bamboo tolerates moisture well and does not absorb unpleasant odors.
- Color and design. This is one of the most important points, because curtains can both transform and ruin the interior. It all depends on you. We, in turn, will give some useful recommendations. For a small kitchen, you should buy products of light shades from thin materials. They can be monochromatic or contain an unobtrusive pattern, the main thing is that it does not overload the interior.
An exception can only be rooms in which all interior elements are made in light colors. In this case, well-chosen bright Roman shades will become an unusual accent that emphasizes your excellent taste.
Don't forget that with a print you can change the visual perception of the room.
On a note. Horizontal striped curtains will help to expand the narrow kitchen, and vertical striped curtains can solve the problem of low ceilings in the room.
A few good examples of which Roman shades should be placed in the kitchen and photos of the new products of 2023 are presented below.
You should also consider the position of the windows. If they face south, then the best choice would be fabrics of cold shades: gray, blue or lilac. If your kitchen windows face north, designers recommend purchasing products in warm colors: beige, yellow or cream.
Naturally your main reference point – kitchen interier. Styles such as Provence and country, provide for the presence of rustic motifs and natural colors, so plaid, peas, light lace and bows will look appropriate.
The classic style is characterized by severity and sophistication. Products made of dense expensive materials with luxurious patterns will be able to emphasize it.
The Scandinavian interior can be supplemented with curtains of bright colors with unusual prints, and for high-tech, on the contrary, it is better to choose stylish plain curtains:
- Registration of non-standard window openings. It is better to decorate wide windows with two small canvases – this will allow you to easily adjust the illumination of the room. The same should be done with the window, which is combined with the balcony door. As for bay windows, it is also recommended to install several canvases on them.
- Finished product or individual tailoring? Surely this question was asked by every person who decided to install Roman curtains in the kitchen. Naturally, it is much easier and cheaper to buy ready-made curtains in the store, but sometimes it is simply impossible to choose the right size, texture and color. This option is suitable for those who decide to purchase standard curtains with a simple design.
If the window in the room is a custom size or you want the curtain to match the upholstery, make it yourself or ask a professional seamstress for help.
Thus, you will be able to control the entire process, and the finished product will fully meet all your requirements.
As you may have noticed, the choice of curtains for the kitchen – this is not an easy task. You need to take into account the specific features of this room and the nuances of sewing, as well as familiarize yourself with the properties of the selected fabric. Plus, finding the right product in a store can be tricky.
A large assortment of goods is offered by online stores. In them, you can choose Roman blinds for the kitchen by looking at photos of various models without leaving your home. This way you will save time and be able to spend it on more important