Interesting ideas for the kitchen will help to equip this important living space, where the hostess spends a huge amount of time. Particularly in demand are interesting ideas for a kitchen in Khrushchev or interesting ideas for a kitchen with an area of 9 sq.m, where the limited space creates a lot of inconvenience, but you want a small room to look beautiful.
Interesting ideas for the kitchen, embodied with your own hands (the photo clearly shows how it looks), make it possible to make any kitchen comfortable, beautiful and practical.
A kitchen in bright colors increases the space
Kitchen beautification principles
The kitchen is a very specific part of the apartment: being one of the most
small rooms, it performs a large number of functions.
Everything in the kitchen should always be at hand
A huge arsenal of equipment, furniture and various accessories is collected here. All this should, firstly, fit in a small volume; secondly, to be always at hand; and thirdly, do not spoil the decoration of the room.
Observing a few rules, you can create a beautiful interior in a small kitchen
Based on this, it is possible to put forward the most important requirements for ideas for the arrangement of the kitchen: they should optimize the use of the entire volume of the room; provide a sufficient number of places to store all kinds of items; create a beautiful interior without disturbing the functional features.
You can expand the space by combining with other rooms
When arranging a kitchen, its decoration and interesting ideas (there are plenty of photo examples) are aimed at:
- expansion of space by combining with other premises;
- optimization of storage conditions for kitchen utensils;
- optimal use of furniture and equipment, their placement and change in appearance;
- creation of an original design for walls, floors, ceilings;
- arrangement and decoration of the work area and apron;
- zoning of the kitchen space;
- changing the appearance of windows and doors;
- using the possibilities of lighting;
- the use of various decorative elements, ornaments and accessories.
Kitchen zoning rules
How can you expand the space
The original arrangement of the kitchen in the direction of expanding the space can provide interesting ideas for a kitchen combined with a living room or a loggia (balcony). Such offers are especially relevant for small spaces.
An example of combining a kitchen and a room
For the implementation of the project, the intermediate wall is removed and the connection of the kitchen with the living room is ensured with the removal of the dining area into the living room. When implementing such a project, it is important to provide a visual highlight of the kitchen and dining area.
Sliding baffle eliminates odor
Combining the premises allows you to leave only the working area in the small kitchen, and turn the living room into a relaxation area (reception of guests) and a dining room with a large beautiful table. Interesting ideas for
the interior of the kitchen in this case consists in the formation of a decorative partition that highlights the kitchen area. A common option is to install a bar counter, which is of interest both from a practical point of view and in terms of design.
Two-level floor for zoning the kitchen from the living room
You can suggest other ideas:
- Two-level floor. There are two options: raising the living room floor by 8-12 cm or the kitchen floor by 12-14 cm. The second option is convenient for the ability to mask communications. An interesting solution can be the use of spotlights for illumination in an attack. Another way of floor zoning is a different color and coating material (in the kitchen - ceramic tiles, for example) at the same floor level.
- Two-level ceiling. The kitchen can be distinguished by the manufacture of a false ceiling with built-in lamps. The working area is usually provided with maximum illumination.
- Sliding partition. This solution allows you to get rid of an important disadvantage of combining rooms - the smell. When cooking, the doors close and isolate the kitchen.
- The partition can have decorative features. Of interest is a large aquarium or another type of wildlife corner. An openwork partition with curly room walls looks very nice
A large aquarium between the living room and the kitchen looks very nice
How to provide storage options
The kitchen is a receptacle for many kitchen utensils, so interesting ideas for the kitchen in terms of storing various items are in great demand.
Utensils can be stored in the corner sofa
You can put forward the following suggestions:
- Using a corner sofa with a device in the space between the legs of drawers for storing dishes or drawers with a lifting lid.
- Using cabinet doors for hanging pans, cutting boards, etc.d.
- Use of one cabinet as tall and narrow as possible.
- Installation of carousel shelves for storing food. Such "carousels" under the worktop will provide storage of the necessary products and are easy to use. The shelves can be divided into sections: food, dishes, bottles, detergents.
- Equipment on cabinet doors for washing shelves and holders for detergents and equipment. In the space under the sink, a platform for a garbage container is equipped.
- Wall mounting of a decorated metal profile with hooks for hanging kitchen utensils and cups.
- Making an envelope for cutting boards. Such an envelope can be assembled from wooden slats with a height of 16-22 cm. Decorating is provided with paint or varnish. The envelope is fixed on the inside of the cabinet door under the work area, on the side wall of the hanging cabinet or directly on the wall in the work area.
A cutting board envelope is very handy in a small kitchen
How can you diversify the interior
You can add attractiveness and originality to the kitchen interior in various ways.
You can add attractiveness to the kitchen interior using decoupage
So, for decorating tiles, the following technologies are offered:
- beads or decorative small stones are glued to the surface of the tile with special glue - this way you can create any plot and even a whole picture (images of flowers, greenery, fruit and vegetable plot, sunflowers are suitable for the kitchen);
- decoupage - fastening or applying standard (ready-made) patterns or ornaments (in the final form, the patterns are varnished);
- craquelure - creating an "antique" effect using ready-made compositions that allow you to apply a cobweb mesh.
Craquelure - creating an "antique" effect using ready-made compositions
Decorating with textiles can provide any style of decoration and special warmth of the interior. In this group of decor, elements such as curtains, tablecloths, pillows, napkins on the table top, dish stands, furniture covers stand out.
With the help of beads, you can create any plot and even a whole picture
Interesting idea: preparation of several sets of matching textiles, which are periodically changed, providing seasonal decoration (for example, symbolizing the arrival of spring). In addition, this approach allows you to influence the seasonal mood: in summer, create the illusion of coolness with green or salad tones, and in winter, add warmth with reddish or yellow shades. The decoration for any holiday will look impressive.
Ideas in the design of the walls allow you to radically change the attitude towards the interior. For the kitchen, it is rational to decorate the walls using a composition from a different combination of shelves. You can install vases, indoor and decorative flowers, beautiful dishes, figurines on them. Murals and mosaics look impressive on kitchen walls. In their manufacture, you can use stencils, vinyl stickers.
Murals and mosaics look impressive on kitchen walls
In an urban kitchen, the landscape on the wall looks good, and when decorated in high-tech style - abstract subjects.
In an urban kitchen, the landscape on the wall looks good
Decorating glass elements gives a special charm. If ordinary glass in kitchen furniture is replaced with mirror glass, then the volume of the room will visually increase. Undoubtedly, the use of frosted, corrugated (patterned), colored or stained glass glasses will add attractiveness. With your own hands, glass interior elements can be diversified with applications, lace, stencil patterns.
Homemade candlesticks for kitchen decoration
Kitchen little things
Various small decorative elements can unrecognizably change the whole look of the kitchen. What crafts to use depends on the owner's imagination.
Decorated bottles will fit perfectly into the interior of the kitchen
One can only recall possible ideas:
- original lamp shades for lamps;
- decorations in the form of paintings, collages for walls;
- dish stands;
- holders, hangers, towel racks;
- products from bottles and vases;
- antique and original jars and dishes;
- all kinds of crafts and figurines.
The painting and coloring of the refrigerator body gives originality
The originality is given by painting and coloring of the body of the refrigerator and other kitchen equipment (for example, a microwave oven). Particular attraction is provided by painted trays and cutting boards, beautiful towels, oven mitts, aprons.
Kitchen decoration provides a good mood
Kitchen decoration provides a good mood and increases appetite. The original kitchen interior, regardless of the size of the kitchen, creates a special home microclimate.