The miniature dimensions of the kitchen space with a well-chosen design, layout, furniture, lighting will not interfere with the harmonious and stylish arrangement of the space.
Small kitchen 2021 - photos, perfect design ideas
Creating a complete stylish design for a small kitchen 2021 requires a comprehensive, thoughtful approach.
It is important to start the arrangement with a clearly drawn up plan on which the necessary functional areas are highlighted.
After determining the location of the sink, stove, refrigerator, calculate the dimensions for each piece of furniture. It is advisable to make the scheme in color, which will allow you to think over ways to visually expand the space.
How to arrange furniture in a small kitchen
When choosing furniture that organically fit into the design of a small kitchen in 2021, they are guided by the criterion of comfort, taking into account personal preferences and a certain style solution.
- At the planning stage, it is necessary to draw a sketch of the room on an exact scale and decide on the layout of the furniture.
- In conditions of limited space, the advantage is given to the L-shaped scheme, as well as the linear arrangement of the furniture set against one wall.
- In small rooms, wall shelves, hanging cabinets are recommended, and narrow tall pencil cases, visually increasing the space, fit well.
Advice! If you are planning to create a trendy small kitchen design 2021, you should consider the functional role of the corners. The furniture ensemble is selected in a compact size without bulky decorative elements.
- Mirror surfaces, glass shelves and doors visually expand the space. Built-in furniture also fits perfectly into the interior of the small kitchen 2021.
- Giving preference to a headset, they pay attention to equipping them with pull-out and convenient roll-out drawers.
Tips and tricks from a specialist
- If it is difficult to choose a ready-made set, you should pay attention to modular furniture - its extensive assortment allows you to select each item in exact accordance with the pre-calculated dimensions.
- In such a situation, the color of the facade is arranged in exact coincidence of shades or harmonious combinations are selected to enhance the overall style concept of the room.
The owners of a miniature kitchen often refuse to arrange a comfortable dining area in a limited space.
However, with a rational approach, it is possible to solve this problem by choosing the appropriate option from the methods proposed by the designers.
Installing a bar counter is the best choice for a narrow kitchen, where there is no room for a dining table. In such a situation, a small bar counter is equipped against a wall with a window; for convenience, you can make it folding.
When folded, they can be put in a free niche, taken out to a loggia, or even, being guided by new trends in the arrangement of a miniature kitchen, hung on the wall.
In a square-shaped room, there is often a free corner at the end wall with a window. A soft corner equipped with additional storage places will fit well here.
This option allows you to do without chairs. Small stools that fit easily under the table can be used.
Small Kitchen Design 2021 - Color Choice
To decorate the walls of a small kitchen, it is recommended to select light shades from a warm range. A combination of two colors is considered optimal. Large variegated painting in a confined space is not appropriate.
- The white color of the walls is organically combined with the delicate cherry surface of the headset.
- If a noble beige is chosen as the main tone of the kitchen, then a fresh green color scheme is selected in addition to it.
- Creates a harmonious combination of a tandem of exquisite tangerine and pure light yellow shades.
The desire for rich accents is realized if the carmine color scheme is supplemented with a pleasant creamy color, and the respectable turquoise is emphasized with golden elements.
Advice! The color of the furniture fronts is selected in harmony with the walls, but you should not use a completely identical tone. Contrast is allowed when dealing with small details.
Organization of lighting in a small kitchen
The rational organization of lighting in a small kitchen allows you to smooth out the feeling of some space congestion, which is inevitable with a limited area.
Optimally thought-out options and well-marked light accents make it possible to give a small room a cosiness, making it stylish and functional.
It is recommended to mount the main and several additional sources in moisture-proof enclosures, which will make it possible to highlight separate functional areas.
- Take note! The dining area is most often designated by a height-adjustable ceiling chandelier. If the table is located directly against the wall, then a sconce with a downward luminous flux becomes a good option. For the workplace, local lighting is installed, mounted under the wall cabinets.
Among the design techniques that allow you to visually increase the space, the location of the spotlights below attracts. They are installed in the floor covering along the facade of the headset. Such lighting creates the illusion of light cabinets floating in the air.
In order to level the tightness due to low ceilings, a row of lamps is installed along the upper perimeter of the room.
Important! When decorating a window, it is advisable not to restrict the flow of natural light. Heavy long curtains are not suitable for a miniature kitchen. Tulle that completely covers the window opening is not always appropriate.
Roman blinds or roller blinds are a good alternative to curtains. Vertical blinds can be installed.
When creating comfortable lighting for a small kitchen, they are guided by the recommendations of experienced designers:
- Light sources are mounted so that the shadows of people in the room do not fall on the working and dining surfaces.
- The light intensity must be sufficient. Avoid overly bright or dim lamps.
- The distance from the lamps to the stove or sink is kept at least 0.6 m.
- The space is expanded by LED lighting of the interior of cabinets with glass doors or separate hinged shelves with exclusive dishes. Increasingly, the main focus is on an apron made of durable glass with an interesting design and original lighting.
- Mobile lamps on special ceiling brackets help to zone the space. Convenient swivel mechanisms that allow directing the light flux to the desired place.
Creating the perfect kitchen interior requires maximum effort and patience, so you should take great responsibility in design and layout. If done correctly, the end result will delight you for a long time and perhaps the kitchen will become your favorite place in the house.